Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Final Reflection

Dear Friends and Readers - Lent is come to an end, and so shall this Review. For another year, that is.

My thanks to all of you who read, responded, and encouraged me during the course of this Lenten season. It seems to have gone by exceptionally quick, but I hope you all found peace, challenge, and a deepening of devotion and faith as we meditated, prayed, and explored together. People still ask me why I spend so much time "pulling" spiritual themes out of films. I've used that word before, too, "pulling", but it doesn't feel like pulling at all...when I watch a film they're as clear to me as explosions and car chases.

I only missed two reviews this year, and that's in keeping with my previous "record". I'm glad we got to try out the idea of doing film series, and I think it went fairly well, aside from "Star Wars" in which the "Reel Reflections" weren't written in the form of a series, so that only half-counts. We made it to 100 reviews posted! And I hope we all grew closer to Jesus in some way. That is all I ever hope for in this Review. I also enjoy it when you go out and see new movies because of my reflections here. But it is always better to grow nearer to Jesus than to throw more money at Hollywood.

For the last two years i've suggested that I might do some reviewing during the "off-season"; that is, whenever it isn't Lent. I've failed to do any significant reviewing to that end, so I won't make any promises this time. Nor will I be producing hard-copy versions of this year's Review. The reviews will be available on the blog, and you're welcome to come back and read whenever you please. They're not protected under any sort of copyright, so you're free to quote the content of the reviews should you desire to.

See you in a few, and thanks again!

I wish you good and peace - E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment